October 9 Beautification Day Information
Post date: Oct 6, 2017 3:37:19 PM
Thank you to everyone that has signed up to participate in our Outdoor Beautification Day on Monday, October 9, 2017 from 9:30 am to 1:30 PM-ish! There's still time to sign up, and if you wake up Monday morning wanting to do some gardening, you can still come on over, too! Stay as long as you can.
We look forward to seeing you then (and we will be monitoring the weather forecast closely and update the plan as needed).
Now for the details:
If you have any of these items, please bring them on Monday.
- Gardening Gloves
- Hand Pruners
- Leaf rakes (the big wide plastic kind)
- Hard Rakes (the ones with metal tines)
- Push Brooms
- Hand Tools (trowel, hand rake, etc.)
- Kneeling Pads (if wanted)
- Box cutter (+ extra blades)
- Flat Shovels
- Wheelbarrows (if you have one you can bring, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sledge Hammer
- Wire Cutters
- Hat, Sunscreen, etc.
TASKS WE WOULD LIKE TO ACCOMPLISH
- Clear grass and dirt from area around raised beds
- Prune trees and Crepe Myrtles
- Mulch around trees
- Mulch around playground
We were thinking a Pot Luck lunch would be fun! We'll provide the mains (including veggie option). Please bring a side to share. We'll also have water available.